Milnot's Waldorf Salad
- 1 small box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chopped apples
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup chilled Milnot, whipped
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool.
- Blend in the mayonnaise and chill until slightly thickened — about like
unbeaten egg whites.
- Meanwhile, chop apples (no need to peel) and toss in the lemon juice.
- Add the celery and nuts.
- Whip Milnot until it holds stiff peaks.
- Whip in the gelatin mixture; fold in the apple mixture and pour into
desired mold or a 12 x 9-inch dish.
- Chill well; unmold (or cut in squares).
- Serve on salad greens.
This salad keeps well for several days covered and refrigerated.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.