Shivering Elizabeth Salad
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small box orange gelatin
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup mango or peach chutney, pureed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Salad: Oil a 6- to 8-cup decorative mold.
- Drain oranges, reserving them and their syrup.
- Pour lemon juice into a measuring cup. Add enough orange syrup to make 3/4
- Heat liquid in a medium-size saucepan, and stir in the gelatin until it is dissolved.
- Add sherbet and sour cream to the warm gelatin and stir until they are well combined.
- Transfer the pan to the refrigerator and chill 30 to 40 minutes, or until the gelatin
- Stir in drained oranges and pour gelatin into prepared mold.
- Chill it until it sets, 1 to 2 hours.
- Make the salad dressing while the gelatin sets.
- Dressing: Combine all ingredients except for 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice
in a small bowl and stir well. Add additional lemon juice, if needed, for tartness.
- The dressing may be made a day ahead if it is kept covered and refrigerated.
- Unmold the salad shortly before serving time. Serve it topped with the dressing.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.