Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups water
- 2 small boxes strawberry gelatin
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pretzels, sugar and melted butter in a medium-size bowl. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake the pretzel crust for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove the dish to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl.
- Fold in the whipped topping and miniature marshmallows.
- Spread the mixture with a spatula over the crust in an even layer.
- Bring water to boiling in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- Add strawberries.
- Pour over second layer in dish.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- To serve, cut the salad into squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.