Yum Yum Salad
- 1 (6 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped (unsweetened)*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Combine gelatin with cold water in small bowl; set aside to soak.
- In small saucepan bring pineapple and sugar to a boil; reduce heat and simmer,
uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture, mixing well.
- When partially set, stir in the cheese and nuts. Carefully fold in the whipped
- Pour into serving dish and garnish with reserved nuts.
- Refrigerate until set.
Makes 16 servings.
* Do not substitute non-dairy whipped topping for the unsweetened whipped
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.