Bow Ties Mexicana
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) dried pasta bow ties (or spirals, wheels, medium shells, elbow
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (15
1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans whole kernel
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces)
shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup low-fat plain
- 1/2 cup bottled red salsa
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips
- Cook bow ties according to package directions, drain, cover with cold water and
- In medium skillet, brown ground beef.
- Add beans, salt and cumin; heat through
- Drain cooled bow ties and place in large bowl. Combine with meat mixture,
tomatoes, corn, green pepper, cheese and onions.
- In small bowl combine yogurt and salsa. Add to salad mixture; toss to coat.
and chill thoroughly.
- Before serving, garnish with tortilla chips.
Serves 6 to 8.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.