Chili Taco Salad
Serve a sassy, family-pleasing taco salad in just 15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (11 ounce) can Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn®whole kernel corn, red and green peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) bag torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup small corn chips
- In small bowl, mix salsa, chili sauce, cumin and chili powder; set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, break up beef; sprinkle with garlic salt. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Add corn and 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture; cook and stir 1 minute.
- On individual serving plates, layer salad greens, beef mixture and tomato.
- Drizzle with some of the salsa mixture; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips.
- Drizzle with remaining salsa mixture.
- Sprinkle flour tortillas with shredded cheese and roll up. Wrap in foil and heat in 350 degrees F oven 10 minutes. They're great accompaniments to the salad!
Prep: 15 min | Servings: 4
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 3 Cups Calories 340 Calories from Fat 110 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 1/2g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 1180mg Total Carbohydrate 31g Dietary Fiber 6g Sugars 10g Protein 27g
Daily Value*: Vitamin A100%Vitamin C20%Calcium6%Iron25%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.