Chinese Chicken Salad with Peaches
The salad dressing will remain fresh for 8-10 days in the refrigerator.
- 3/4 cup dark sesame oil 175 mL
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar 60 mL
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce 60 mL
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar 10 mL
- 2 teaspoons California cling peach juice/syrup 10 mL
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice 5 mL
- 2 (6 ounce/200g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Canola oil 10 mL
- 4 cups (6 ounces) spinach leaves, washed and dried 200 g
- 6 cups (about 1 pound) Napa cabbage or baby bok choy, coarsely julienned 500 g
- 2 (14 ounce/398 mL) cans California cling peach slices*, drained (reserve juice) and diced
- 4 tablespoons scallions, sliced thinly 60 mL
- 1/2 cup crispy chow mein noodles 125 mL
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds 125 mL
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds 20 mL
- 4 teaspoons cilantro chopped finely 20 mL
- Salt and pepper to taste
* If desired, 1 (1 pound 8 ounce) jar California cling peach slices can be substituted for the 2 (14 ounce) cans.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl, whisk well and reserve.
- Lightly oil the chicken breasts with the canola oil and grill until well cooked. Season with salt and pepper and reserve until cool. When cool, cut chicken breasts into slices and set aside (chill if desired).
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach and Napa cabbage (or baby bok choy) together. Divide this mixture among four large bowls or plates.
- Divide chicken and arrange as desired on top of the greens. Follow by arranging the diced California Cling Peaches on top of the greens. Sprinkle each salad with scallions, crispy chow mein noodles and almond slivers.
- Dress each salad with three tablespoons of prepared salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
California Cling Peach Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.