Classic Chicken Salad from the 50s
Classic Chicken Salad is a terrific recipe from the 50s. There are many ways to serve this, including on a croissant, bread, on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves or use it to stuff tomatoes. Leftover deli chicken, either store-bought or homemade, is good to use in this recipe.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken, cold
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Mix chicken, celery, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise, mix well.
- Fold in chopped eggs, blending throughout.
- Serve on croissants, soft rolls, in a hollowed out tomato, or on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves.
Prep: 10 min | Yield: 2 to 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.