Mexican Chef's Salad
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips,
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 cup Thousand
Island dressing, mixed with Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado (for garnish)
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces. Add cheese and toss.
- Place in a large bowl along with onion and tomatoes. Add tortilla chips.
- Brown the ground beef well. Add kidney beans and heat thoroughly.
- Combine hot meat and bean mixture with cold salad and toss with Thousand
- Garnish with avocado slices.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.