Artichoke and Shrimp Pasta Salad
Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated.
- 1/2 pound medium shells or farfalle pasta
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke
- 1 pound frozen shrimp
- A few leaves oregano, chopped, or 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled an finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil. Cook shrimp following instructions on package. Drain well
on paper towels.
- Defrost and steam artichoke hearts. Drain well and place on paper towels.
- Cook pasta al dente. Rinse with cold water. Drain very well. Place in large serving
bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil and toss.
- Prepare the garlic and the oregano or use parsley, if you prefer, while the pasta
cooks. Add remaining olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano salt and lots of black
pepper. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap or place in a sealed container and refrigerate
for a couple of hours or for a day.
- When ready to serve, place in a serving bowl, toss well. Check for seasoning,
adding salt or pepper if need be and garnish with a few leaves of oregano or parsley.