- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans whole green chiles
- 1 to 2 cups shredded Mexican or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream or to taste
- 2 or 3 stalks scallions, chopped
- Sliced black olives
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F or the temperature required on the crescent roll can.
Sauté ground beef until no longer pink.
- Open 1 can of crescent rolls and separate dough into rectangles and place them
at least 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Slit each of four green chiles down its length and open it up to flatten it.
- Lay one chile on each rectangle of crescent roll dough.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon the drained ground beef equally over the 4 rectangles.
- Top each with chopped onion to taste.
- Top each with at least 1/4 cup cheese.
- Open second can of rolls and separate into rectangles.
- Gently lay a rectangle
over each Davy Crockett. You don't need to stretch the dough down to cover the
edges. The dough will bake down and cover most of it.
- Bake as long as it says on the can to bake crescent rolls.
- Pass the sour cream, chopped green onion, shredded
cheese and sliced olives so that each person may top their own Davy Crockett.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.