Philly Pork Sandwiches
- 2 pork cube steaks (tenderized slices of boneless bottom round) cut in half, about 1 1/4 pounds total
- 2 tablespoons garlic pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Caramelized Onions*
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 large sandwich buns
- Season steaks on both sides with garlic pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over
medium-high heat; melt butter and cook pork quickly, browning nicely on both sides,
about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve steaks in buns topped with some Caramelized Onions and slice of cheese.
- Caramelized Onions: Thinly slice 4 cups yellow onions; heat two teaspoons each
butter and olive oil in large skillet; add onions and one tablespoon sugar and cook
slowly over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are a rich golden
brown, about 25 minutes.
Onions can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated for 2 to 3 days. Reheat
in microwave or reheat gently in skillet.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.