Pork Chop and Waffle Sandwiches with Maple Gravy
Serving Suggestions: Good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these waffle sandwiches are also nice with your favorite jam or jelly instead of the yogurt mixture, and with a sausage patty instead of the bacon. You can also serve them as open-faced sandwiches. On the side, try fresh fruit or breakfast potatoes.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1/4 inch thick (thin-cut)
- 6 slices bacon, halved
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, reduced-calorie
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 cooked waffles, warmed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside (leave the bacon fat in the skillet).
- While the bacon is cooking, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie pan, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Place the egg in another shallow bowl or pie pan. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. One chop at a time, dredge the pork in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess, then the egg, then the flour mixture again, adding the coated chops to the skillet. Cook the chops until browned and cooked through, about 2 1/2 minutes per side.
- Arrange 4 waffles on plates or a platter. Top with the bacon, pork chops, sour cream mixture, and remaining waffles and serve.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 20 min | Servings: 4
Nutrition Information Calories: 650 calories Protein: 50 grams Fat: 31 grams Sodium: 1490 milligrams Cholesterol: 175 milligrams Saturated Fat: 10 grams Carbohydrates: 42 grams Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.