- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cook sausage in a heavy skillet until done; drain fat. Slice top off French bread
lengthwise. Hollow out bottom of loaf; break into small pieces and toast to make
about 3 cups bread crumbs.
- Beat eggs until foamy; add milk, 1/3 Cheddar cheese, 1/3 Monterey jack cheese,
drained sausage and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Fill bottom of bread loaf with mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheeses over mixture.
Pack well. Cover with bread top. Wrap in foil. Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes
or until cheeses melt and seal the loaf together.
- To serve, cut into 2-inch slices.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.