Spicy Steak and Pepper Hoagies
Tender strips of steak, spicy vegetables and Colby Jack cheese stuffed into a hoagie roll for a hearty sandwich.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef New York strip steak, cut diagonally across grain in bite-size strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut vertically into eight wedges
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat Colby Jack cheese
- Heat broiler. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Add beef strips; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add pepper and onion to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes. Cook until hot and most of liquid has evaporated.
- Open up each roll; top evenly with beef. Divide vegetables evenly among rolls. Place open rolls on baking sheet; sprinkle cheese over vegetables.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Prep: 30 min | Total: 30 min | Yield: 6 servings (1 sandwich each)
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 6 servings (1 sandwich each) Calories: 544
% Daily Value* Total Fat 13 gram 20% Saturated fat 5 gram 27% Cholesterol 76 mg 25% Sodium 1013 mg 42% Carbohydrate 64 gram 21% Dietary fiber 4 gram 17% Sugars 4 gram Protein 40 gram Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 45% Calcium 39% Iron 29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Conagra Brands, Inc.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.