- 1 (16 ounce) unsliced loaf Italian bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 6 slices American cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-inch
shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and salsa until blended. Spread inside bread
shell, set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir
in taco seasoning.
- Layer lettuce and tomato in bottom of bread shell, top with beef
mixture and cheese. Replace bread top.
Yield 6 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.