Tuscan Pork Sandwich
This entree sandwich can be made for a quick dinner or something different for guests. Make the olive topping ahead of time to allow flavors to fully blend. Serve with Cold Herbed Garbanzo Beans and grilled vegetables.
- 6 pork chops, boneless, 1/2-inch thick
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted, chopped,such as Kalamata
- 6 slices eggplant, unpeeled, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 loaf crusty French or Italian bread, cut in half horizontally
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, halves
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Fontina or Provolone cheese
- Prepare grill with medium-hot fire. Combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic and rosemary in work bowl of food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside 1/3 cup of mixture for basting chops and eggplant. Add olives to remaining mixture and reserve.
- Brush chops with olive oil mixture (without olives). Grill chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side until nicely browned. Remove to plate.
- Brush eggplant with same olive oil mixture. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until just tender. Grill bread halves, cut side down, during last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling eggplant.
- To assemble sandwich, spread reserved olive mixture evenly over bottom half of bread; top with eggplant and cheese slices.
- Thinly slice pork chops; layer over cheese and top with roasted pepper halves and top half of bread.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 25 min | Servings: 6
Nutritional Information: Calories: 550 calories Protein: 37 grams Fat: 27 grams Sodium: 1060 milligrams Cholesterol: 75 milligrams Saturated Fat: 7 grams Carbohydrates: 37 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.