Firecracker Cherry Walnut Salsa
- 2 cups Northwest fresh sweet cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh white or yellow corn kernels or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded and finely chopped (2 to 4 tablespoons)
or 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted California walnuts
- In medium bowl, combine cherries, onion, corn, jalapeno pepper, parsley, balsamic
vinegar, gingerroot and salt. Stir and toss together with spoon or fork to mix ingredients evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Before serving, stir in walnuts.
Yield: about 3 cups
Nutritional analysis per tablespoon: 13 calories, 0g protein, 2g carbohydrates,
0g fiber, 12mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol, 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.