Jalapeno White Sauce
Use warm or cold as a dip;
or serve as a sauce over fish, chicken or pasta.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice or vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 finely minced jalapeno
- 2 ounces shredded Monterey jack or Monterey jack/
- Beat whipping cream over a high heat.
- Add sour cream as soon as whipping cream
begins to boil. Reduce to medium heat when sour cream dissolves.
- Stir in chicken
base and jalapeno juice. Simmer.
- Make a roux by melting the butter, adding the flour and whisking until mixture
turns a pale gold color.
- Add roux to cream mixture, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in jalapenos and cheese.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.