Beef Gravy Base
Yield: about 3 cups
- 1 1/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
- Combine dry milk powder, flour, bouillon granules and thyme.
- Cut in butter and Kitchen Bouquet until pieces resemble cornmeal.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to two months.
Beef Gravy: In saucepan slowly blend 1 cup cold water into 1/2 cup beef gravy base. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more.