Spaghetti Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons green pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well.
- Spoon mixture into a
square of aluminum foil and fold to make airtight.
- Label package as Spaghetti Seasoning
- Store in a cool, dry place and use within 6 months.
Makes 1 package (about 1/3 cup) of mix.
Spaghetti Sauce: Brown 1 pound lean ground beef in a medium
skillet over medium- high heat. Drain excess grease. Add 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato
sauce, 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, 2 3/4 cups tomato juice or water and the seasoning
mix. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.