- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 or 4 vanilla beans
- Chop vanilla beans into small pieces. Do not lose any of the little black seeds.
- Drop the pieces into a clean jar and cover with brandy and water.
- Cover with a tight-fitting
lid and keep in a dark place, shaking every other day.
- Vanilla Extract will be ready in about 2 weeks.
- Add a tiny bit more brandy if the beans still seem potent.
- The mixture can be added to indefinitely.
- Use just as you would regular vanilla extract.
- Store it anywhere, and it will keep for up to one year.