High Trail Bars
These are high-energy bars.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, unsifted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole almonds, blanched
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut, flaked
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter with 1/2 cup brown sugar until smooth. Then blend in
oats, flours, wheat germ and orange rind. Put mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Next mix eggs, almonds, raisins, coconut, chocolate bits and 1/4
cup remaining brown sugar. Pour over the mixture in the pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool; cut into 12 bars and wrap each in aluminum foil.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.