All-American Sausage Stew
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 6 carrots, pared, cut into julienne pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 2 potatoes, pared and diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pound Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine broth, 1 cup water, pepper, bay leaf and vegetables, except potatoes, in a 4 quart saucepot. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes; cook until vegetables are tender. remove bay leaf.
- Mix 2 tablespoons water with flour; stir into vegetables. Add sausage; heat. Add salt.
- Top each serving with cheese.