Baked Beef Stew
- 4 pounds stew meat (DO NOT BROWN)
- 3 to 4 potatoes
- 3 to 4 carrots
- 3 to 4 ribs celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can beef broth or 1 bouillon cube
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon A-1 sauce
- 4 tablespoons Minute tapioca
- 1 green bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Cut all vegetables into chunks.
- Place all ingredients in a heavy kettle and bake,
covered, for 5 hours at 275 degrees F. Add water, if necessary, during cooking.
Stir during the last hour of baking.