Bloody Mary Stew
- 2 pounds cubed stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 liter bloody Mary mix
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup barley
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen mixed soup vegetables
- 1/2 of 20 ounce package frozen cut corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- Coat meat with mixture of flour, salt and mustard.
- Fry bacon in large Dutch oven. Remove bacon then brown meat in bacon drippings.
Add soup mix and water. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add bloody Mary mix, sugar, barley, bacon, frozen vegetables and onion. Simmer
for another 45 minutes. If more liquid is needed, just add more bloody Mary mix.