- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots, celery, onion and seasonings.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and bratwurst; heat through.