- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- Put the cranberries and water in a saucepan, cover, and cook on low heat until tender and popped.
- Pass cranberries through a food mill or press through a sieve and put the puree back in a saucepan.
- Add the butter and sugar, melting gently.
- Beat the eggs, then strain them into the fruit. Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened, being careful not to curdle the mixture (it should coat the back of a spoon when thickened).
- Let cool, then pour into 5 (1/2 pint) jars or any other covered container.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.