Baby Elephant Ears
Grandmas all over the country have long used scraps of unused pie crust dough
to make larger versions of these sweet treats. Our miniature version is just the
right size - and much easier to assemble!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place two 12-inch squares wax paper on work surface.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- On work surface, unroll 1 crust. Brush with butter; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Top with second crust. Brush top of second crust with butter, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar; roll up.
- Cut the roll into 12 (1-inch) slices, then press down slightly, and roll individually between the sheets of wax paper to 1/4-inch slices, replacing waxed paper as needed.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Keep an eye on the smallest ears that were cut from the ends, and remove them from the cookie sheet before the larger ears if necessary to prevent burning.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container between sheets of wax paper, and serve within 2 days.
20 min prep time | 12 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 10 Calories from Fat 110
Total Fat 2g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 210mg Total Carbohydrate
25g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 8g Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.