State Fair Crescent Cheese Curds
Cheese curds wrapped in crescent dough and deep fried - an easy way to create a State Fair favorite, right in your own home!
Customize your cheese curds by serving with various dippers - spicy, sweet or both!
Can't find cheese curds in your grocery store? Use mozzarella sticks instead OR your favorite variety of cheese stick, such as Colby Jack, pepper Jack, Cheddar.
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury™ refrigeratedCrescent Dough Sheet
- 8 ounces cheese curds, any variety (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 wooden skewers
- Condiments, if desired (ranch dressing, Sriracha sauce, ketchup, flavored jam)
- In deep fryer or 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll dough, and cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut crosswise into 8 rows, making 32 squares.
- Roll piece of dough around each cheese curd (no larger than 1 inch); stretch dough, and press to seal edges and completely cover cheese curd.
- Fry cheese curds 8 at a time, about 1 minute, turning occasionally until dough is completely cooked through and deep golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
- Thread 4 cheese curds on each wooden skewer.
- Serve immediately with condiments.
Prep: 15 min | Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition Facts - Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 220 Calories from Fat 130 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 410mg Total Carbohydrate 13g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 20% Iron 4%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 1/2 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.