Arizona Ranchero Omelet
- 1/2 cup new red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1/4 pound chorizo, browned and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Cook potatoes and keep them warm.
- Brown sausage and drain well.
- In a skillet, place butter and cooked potatoes over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour beaten egg mixture over the potatoes. Cook, constantly lifting the edges with a spatula to ensure even cooking throughout.
- Top with chorizo, scallion slices, red bell pepper and cheese. Cover and cook until egg is set, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit and biscuits.
Yield: 1 serving