Spicy Meatball Burritos
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 cup brown rice (pre-cooked for 15 minutes)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 to 8 (10- to 12-inch) flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bell pepper, garlic, onion, salt, chili
powder, eggs, parsley and brown rice. Mix well.
- Roll into balls the size of a large walnut. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add tomato sauce, water and chili powder. Bring to a simmer,
then add meatballs and continue simmering for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done, fill tortillas and serve with your favorite salsa.
- You may wish to garnish with lettuce and tomato.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings