- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 firm-ripe Haas avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6- to 7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely grated Monterey jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (for garnish)
- In a small bowl stir together tomatoes, avocado, onion, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl stir together sour cream and cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat broiler. Put tortillas on a large baking sheet and brush tops with oil. Broil tortillas on a rack set 2 to 4 inches from heat until pale golden.
- Turn tortillas and broil until other sides are pale golden. Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese and broil until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly over tortillas and top each with 1 of remaining tortillas, cheese side down, to make 2 quesadillas.
- Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each into 4 wedges.
- Top each wedge with a heaping teaspoon of sour cream mixture and garnish with cilantro sprigs.