Smoky Grilled Chicken Tostadas
The kick of a Mexican-style taco sauce with smoky jalapeno flavor
enhances the grilled chicken in these hearty tostadas.
- 4 (about 1 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pierced all over with a fork
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Ortega Mexican Style Taco Sauce, divided
- 1 (10 count) package Ortega Tostada Shells
- 2 1/2 cups shredded lettuce, divided
- 1 1/4 cups diced tomato, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Sour cream
- Combine chicken breasts and 1/2 cup taco sauce in non-metallic container;
marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Heat grill or broiler. Cook chicken about 7 minutes per side or
until no longer pink in center. Thinly slice crosswise.
- For each tostada, top a tostada shell with 1/4 cup lettuce, sliced
chicken, 2 tablespoons tomato and 2 tablespoons cheese. Top with sour cream and remaining taco sauce.
Yield: 10 servings