Baked Taco Sandwich
Who says tacos have to be served in a taco shell? These tacos are like open-face
sandwiches you eat with a fork. And you probably have all the ingredients you need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup shredded
Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Sour cream, if desired
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Chopped tomato, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Cook beef and taco seasoning mix as directed on envelope of seasoning mix.
- Mix Bisquick mix and cold water until soft dough forms; spread in pan. Spread
beef mixture over dough.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese
- Serve with remaining ingredients.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Not recommended
Recipe and photograph used with permission from