Beef Steak Soft Tacos
- 2 boneless beef chuck shoulder steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 12 small flour tortillas, warmed
- 2/3 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Thinly sliced lettuce, chopped tomato, dairy sour cream, guacamole (optional)
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks; discard marinade.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, for 14 to 17 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve into thin slices; season with salt.
- Serve in tortillas with toppings.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cattlemens Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association