Honey and Spice Sauteed Pork Hand Tacos
What’s better than fun taco recipes? Fun pork taco recipes! This sweet and spicy pork taco dish is a great party recipe idea. Honey chipotle pork tacos will surprise you with sweet, smoky flavor that finished up with a kick. The homemade honey chipotle marinade is a keeper, too, and would easy factor into a variety of other dishes!
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, thinly-cut (1/2-inch thick), cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, (smoked or plain paprika can be used as an alternative)
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup pico de gallo*
- Light sour cream or crema to taste
* You can find prepared pico de gallo, typically a combination of onions, chiles, tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro, in the refrigerated section of the produce department in most major supermarkets.
- In a medium size bowl combine the honey, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and ground chipotle pepper and whisk to combine. Add the sliced pork to the marinade and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the slices of pork to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping with tongs in the middle of the cooking process. Once cooked, remove the pork to a plate and reserve.
- Arrange 8 corn tortillas on a platter. Sprinkle each with equal amounts of shredded lettuce and pico de gallo. Arrange a few pieces of pork on top of each taco, and top with sour cream or crema if desired.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 5 min | Yield: 4 servings, 2 tacos each
Nutrition Information: Calories: 330 calories Protein: 25 grams Fat: 19 grams Sodium: 90 milligrams Cholesterol: 100 milligrams Saturated Fat: 9 grams Carbohydrates: 18 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board