Golden Tofu Bake
- 1 cup Bisquick or
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- Dash of pepper
- 2 pounds firm tofu that has been frozen and thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Thaw tofu and press to remove all moisture. Cut into strips 2 inches
wide and 1 inch thick.
- Put the honey in a small bowl and heat until liquid in the microwave,
about 30 seconds. Beat in the mustard.
- Lay the tofu in a shallow dish and pour the liquid honey and mustard
over the tofu and turn several times to coat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the tofu and gently shake off the excess honey mixture. Reserve
the honey mixture.
- Combine Bisquick, salt, paprika and pepper in a shallow dish; one
at a time, roll tofu pieces in mixture to coat.
- Melt the butter and pour into the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange
tofu pieces in dish, overlapping if need be. Bake at 350 degrees
F until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Reheat the honey mixture and beat well. Drizzle over the top of
the baked tofu.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.