Hot and Spicy Tofu Soup
- 10 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (more or less)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot mung bean paste or hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Szechwan hot sauce or any other hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarsely
- Wakame (dried seaweed- optional)
- Ramen noodles (optional)
- Press the water out of the tofu.
- Wrap the tofu in plastic wrap, and put the tofu in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the tofu from the refrigerator and let thaw in hot water.
- Cut tofu into small 1/2-inch square cubes.
- In a large soup pot, heat up the oil; add tofu and stir around until
tofu is brown on the edges (10 minutes). Add onion, garlic and 1/2
cup of stock. Stir until vegetables are soft - about 10 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles prior to serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.