Bountiful Turkey Avocado Salad
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 6 cups cooked turkey meat, cubed (approximately one pound)
- 2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded, peeled, and cubed
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut in julienne-style pieces
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, or dried cranberries
- 1 pomegranate, peeled and cut into small kernels
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- 6 tablespoons toasted walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup walnut oil
- Salad: Place salad greens on large serving platter or in large salad bowl.
- Combine turkey, avocado, cheese, jicama, orange, raspberries/cranberries and pomegranate, and place on top of greens. Pour vinaigrette dressing over salad. Sprinkle top of salad with walnut pieces to serve.
- Vinaigrette Dressing: Whisk all ingredients except oil in large bowl. Add
oil in thin stream, whisking constantly. If dressing is prepared in advance, keep refrigerated in glass jar and shake well before using.
Recipe provided by the Chilean Avocado Importers Association.
Recipe and photo courtesy of:
Hass Avocado Commission