Cherry Amore Cake with Cherry Amore Sauce
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cherry brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 4 eggs
Cherry Amore Sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pitted red sour cherries, drained (reserve juice)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cherry brandy
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of freshly granted nutmeg
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- In large mixer bowl, beat all remaining ingredients at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes on clean. Cool for 10 minutes;
remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Cherry Amore Sauce: In medium saucepan, stir together reserved cherry juice, sugar, salt and cornstarch. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in cherries and all remaining ingredients. Cook another minute; remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place cake on serving dish. Drizzle with two glazes - a confectioners' sugar glaze and a glaze of chocolate-hazelnut sauce such as Nutella.
- Slice cake and spoon Cherry Amore Sauce over slices.