Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
An indulgent cheesecake with a chocolate Graham cracker crust, and a delicious filling using raspberry liqueur.
- 1 3/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons Challenge Butter, melted
Filling and Topping
- 12 ounces (approximately 1 2/3 to 2 cups) fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberry liqueur
- 3 1/2 to 4 ounces semi-sweet dark chocolate bar (for chocolate curls)
- Crust: Combine Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in melted butter until well blended.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the side of a 9 1/2 to 10 inch spring form pan. Place pan in freezer while assembling the filling.
- Filling and Topping: Rinse raspberries and drain well. Place cap side down on paper toweling and set aside. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch; then thoroughly blend into the cream cheese.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to incorporate but taking care not to over-beat.
- Blend in raspberry liqueur.
- Pour about half of the batter into the prepared crust.
- Add 1 cup of fresh whole raspberries evenly over surface and cover with remaining batter. (Place remaining berries in refrigerator to use later as topping.)
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until just barely set in center.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. While cake is still warm run a thin knife around the edge of the pan but do not remove the spring form side. Let cool completely.
- Place in a refrigerator and chill until cold throughout – at least 4 hours and preferably overnight.
- To serve: Remove sides of pan. Top with remaining berries and garnish with Chocolate curls. Use a vegetable peeler to shave chocolate curls over the top of the berries.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: