Al Roker's Spicy Chicken Wings
These are best served shortly after baking, but they can be refrigerated, covered, up to 24 hours. Serve cold or reheat in covered baking dish in a 400 degrees F oven 10 to 15 minutes.
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 pounds frozen chicken wings or drumettes, thawed
- Blue cheese dressing
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large, sturdy zip-top bag.
- Add chicken, seal bag and turn to coat chicken.
- Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 2 hours or up to 12.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two 9 x 13-inch baking dishes with heavy-duty foil.
- Add chicken in a single layer.
- Bake, turning chicken once, 1 1/4 hours or until chicken begins to crisp.
- To serve: Pour blue cheese dressing into a bowl and place on middle of serving platter; surround with chicken.
Yield: 12 servings
Source: Woman's Day