Deep-Fried Wonton Cookies (Teem Gok)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped prunes or dried apples
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 24 wonton skins
- Vegetable oil
- Mix prunes, apricots, broth sugar, coconut and almonds. Place about 2 teaspoons
mixture in center of each wonton skin. Moisten edges with water. Fold each skin
in half to form triangle; press edges firmly to seal. Cover to prevent drying.
- Heat 1 to 1 1/2 inches oil to 360 degrees F.
- Fry 3 to 4 wontons at a time, turning
occasionally, until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side; drain. Cool thoroughly
and stir in airtight container.
- Serve with ice cream or sherbet if desired.
Makes about 24 cookies