You will only bake two cookies at a time so that the circles don't harden before they are formed.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Write or type some fortunes on 1/2 x 2-inch strips of paper. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a pencil, draw two 3-1/2-inch circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg white and vanilla extract until foamy.
- Add flour; mix well. Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slide parchment paper onto a work surface. Cover one cookie with a kitchen towel. Place a fortune in the center of the other cookie; loosen cookie from parchment paper with a thin well-sprayed spatula. Fold cookie in half over fortune strip so the edges meet; hold edges together for 3 seconds.
- Place center of cookie over the rim of a measuring cup or glass; gently press ends down to bend cookie in middle. Let cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack.
- Repeat with second cookie. If cookies become too cool to fold, return to oven to soften for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter and fortunes.