Canadian Meat Pie
- 3 pounds fresh lean pork, ground
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 medium potatoes, finely diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- Double pastry for two 9-inch pies*
* Make a flaky pastry, and make enough so that the crusts are thick.
- Simmer pork, onions, potatoes, water and salt in a pot and simmer for about one hour.
- Pour off liquid and fat, returning one cup to meat mixture. Add sage, cinnamon and cloves.
- Divide mixture in half and place in pie shells. Cover with top crust and seal edges. Make vents in top and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.