Hearts of Palm in Tomato Sauce (Palmito Guisado)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces fully cooked smoked ham, coarsely chopped (2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes with liquid
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hearts of palm, rinsed drained and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper and ham in oil in skillet over medium
heat until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, vinegar and pepper; break up
tomatoes with fork. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally,
until mixture is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in hearts of palm. Cover and
simmer, stirring occasionally, until hearts of palm are hot, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.