Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken
- 3 1/2 Foster Farms Simply Raised™ Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 green onions, diced
Brown Chicken Stew
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 small red or green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups water
- Place chicken in a resealable bag and season with salt and pepper. Then add the chicken bouillon powder, ginger, garlic, white pepper, thyme, paprika and green onions. Seal the bag and thoroughly mix chicken until they are well coated. Set aside in the fridge and marinate for at least an hour or preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the bag. Make sure to remove any particles like the onions and garlic so they do not burn when cooking.
- Heat a large pot with the oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes per side until chicken is a golden brown; remove and place on a plate. Drain any excess oil from the skillet but make sure to leave about 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Deglaze the pan with about 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and return the chicken back to the pan. Add the second cup of water if you find there is not enough water.
- Cover and cook on medium to low heat for about 20 minutes, until chicken the chicken has cooked through and the sauce thickens, slightly. Adjust the taste adding more salt as necessary.
- Serve with Caribbean Rice and Peas or white rice.
Recipe source: Evs Eats
Recipe and photo used with permission from: