- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium head green cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup champagne
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Heat butter in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook and stir onion in butter over
medium heat until tender.
- Add cabbage; cook and stir until slightly limp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except whipping cream. Heat to boiling; reduce
heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is crisp-tender
and liquid is evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Sprinkle with caraway seed if desired.
Yields 8 servings.