Abernethy Biscuits (Scotland)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch of salt
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar together.
- Rub in butter until mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Dissolve sugar in milk; stir into flour/butter mixture. Form into stiff dough.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Cut into squares; prick all over.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Yield: about 10 biscuits
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.